Friday, January 28, 2011

D Minus 2 Days

I officially start working in two days' time - the summer holidays seem to have both flown by and lasted forever. I read by the pool on my new Kobo e-reader (Pride and Prejudice, the Communist Manifesto, Alice in Wonderland, Dark Angel...), caught up with friends, and basically enjoyed my last taste of uni student freedom. (And avoided spending money - bring on that first paycheck!)

I did obviously spend some time thinking about my coming year, how I will cope, how I will approach my classes, what I'll be teaching etc - but not as much as I would have liked to. I'm going in with a strange feeling of excitement/trepidation/fear - but from the looks of things I'm in the best possible environment to start such a daunting career. I really like the school and staff, the collegial atmosphere, group planning - and then being a part of online communities that I can resort to for support when I need it. So honestly, I'm set up so well for this year, I just have to knuckle down and hold up my end of the bargain now.

Will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment