Friday, April 30, 2010

First Week of Prac is Over!

Well I've survived my first week in the "real world" as some people have called it... I'm only teaching two lines in this prac and so far I've only delivered three classes, but I'm already feeling so much more comfortable!

I still have plenty of things to improve on though - such as:
1) watching my language!
2) preparing stronger lesson closes/conclusions
3) more assertive behaviour management
4) not assuming prior knowledge
5) improving my visual literacy knowledge

But on the whole I'm pretty pleased with how it's going so far - not a tear all week and not a single moment of wondering if this is really what I want to do... in fact, I had so much fun in the first and last sessions today that I can see myself enjoying my job a lot more than some people do! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment